Employers in all states in the US, with the exception of New Jersey and Texas, are required by law to have workers compensation insurance. It is aimed to provide coverage for employees who suffer a work-related illness or injury. This includes those who are working in the acupuncture industry.
If you are running an acupuncture business, acupuncturist workers compensation insurance is one important item that should be included in your to-do list; you should work on it with due diligence. Your goal is to find a reputable insurance provider that delivers the most comprehensive coverage for your employees at reasonable prices.
What can a worker compensation insurance do for your acupuncture business:
- It pays for the medical care and rehabilitation for employees who are injured in the line of duty or contract a work-related illness.
- It covers a portion of an employee’s salary, disability benefits and death benefits for the dependents, in case the former gets killed or disabled after a work-related accident.
- It provides coverage for all of the employees of a business except independent contractors (and special provisions must be made if employees work out-of-state).
How to find the right insurer for workers’ compensation insurance
Not all acupuncturist workers compensation insurance service providers are created equal. Some are just way better than the others when it comes to delivering services and coverage. With that said, it makes sense that you are careful with your decision so your hard-earned money will not be wasted.
Here are some tips to finding the right insurance provider:
- Length of service in the industry. Has your prospect been in business for years? Several decades, perhaps? Why is it important to ask this question? Primarily because the length of service means industry experience. With long years of experience comes a more refined service process.
- Reviews and feedback. It is essential to know what other acupuncturists are saying about the service of a particular insurance provider. When the negative feedback is overwhelming, then you have a valid reason to walk away and find a new prospect.
- Product inclusions. Many times, a seller comes to you flaunting their insurance product, but you have to be vigilant and carefully scrutinize their offer. You must examine the terms and conditions in details – line by line – so you can find out whether what you are dealing with is worth it or not.
Looking for the best deals on acupuncturist workers compensation insurance? Contact American Acupuncture Council today at (800) 838-0383.