You should perform a comprehensive search for prospective providers for products as valuable as acupuncturist insurance. You have to make sure that the company you choose can deliver its promise. Your choice will have a crucial impact on your finances and your professional reputation as an acupuncturist.
Many companies in the market present themselves as the best acupuncturist insurance provider you can find around. However, as the saying goes, “there’s more than meets the eye.” That implies you have to be careful in choosing an acupuncturist insurance product to buy; make sure you do it based on an informed decision – not just on how these companies portray themselves. With that said, here are some crucial things you need to consider when choosing an acupuncturist insurance provider:
- Experience (you would want to look for an acupuncturist insurance provider with proven track records, probably with decades of industry experience)
- Good reviews from previous and current clients (there is no better way to learn about how good (or bad) a company is than those who have experienced their product themselves.)
- Package quotations are transparent (what you see is what you get; what you get is what you pay)
- The total value of insurance claims they pay out each year (this provides insights into the company’s capability to deliver the insurance protection as promised)
- Has physical location or office (that means they are legitimate and have the approval from regulating bodies to offer insurance for acupuncturists.)
Some benefits of acupuncturist insurance
- Offers liability insurance to protect your business and professional reputation from potential malpractice lawsuits;
- Offers workers’ compensation, covering all employees (except those from independent contractors);
- Offers premises liability protection or commonly called slip or trip and fall insurance (covers the potential risks of a guest on the premises alleging damage to their personal property or injury in the clinic area such as slipping from a wet spot on the floor, tripping on a frayed rug or fainting and falling off the treatment table)
- Offers protection for business personal property (can cover the named insured for lost, stolen, or damaged property of the business, such as equipment)
Online looking for a reputable and most qualified acupuncturist insurance provider? Reach out to the team at the American Acupuncture Council today.