Here is the thing about running a business: It carries several risks. An acupuncture business is not an exception to this basic fact.
As an acupuncturist running your clinic, you are familiar with ways a patient’s health can get out of whack. But as a business owner, the idea that your clinic is vulnerable, too, might not have crossed your mind yet. In this post, we are answering some crucial questions regarding acupuncturist liability insurance.
Why do I need acupuncturist insurance?
Two main reasons:
- Because all businesses carry risks – from natural disasters, fire, burglary, damage to equipment, which can happen without warning
- Because your business involves treating lives – no matter how expert in this field you are, mistakes can still happen, and they can cause injuries to varying degrees, even death
Indeed, no matter how small your acupuncture business is, you should protect it, and an acupuncturist liability insurance gives just that. With this, you can sleep well at night, knowing that your professional reputation and business are both protected.
What does acupuncture insurance cover?
- Reputable acupuncture insurance can provide various types of coverage, including:
General liability – covers issues like an accident inside your facility that causes injuries
- Business and property – for business risks like fire, typhoon, theft
- Professional liability coverage – takes care of damages like those awarded in a lawsuit
How much does it cost to buy acupuncture insurance?
Acupuncture insurance premiums vary from one provider to another. But as a general idea, you can expect to pay a couple of thousands per year for a small practice, and it gets higher if you have several clinics catering to more acupuncturists and patients. Please note that, for you to get better deals, take the time to shop around and compare different insurance companies.
Online looking for a reputable company that offers acupuncturist liability insurance? Contact American Acupuncture Council today at (800) 838-0383.
There are a number of reasons why acupuncturists need liability insurance. For one thing, it provides peace of mind knowing that things will be taken care of in case someone files a legal malpractice complaint. For another, it takes care of the financing needed to cover the expenses in case a clinic staff figures in an accident and gets injured in the line of duty. An acupuncturist professional liability insurance can be designed so that it covers the compensation of that staff while he is away recovering.
When choosing a company that offers acupuncturist professional liability insurance, you have to be careful to make sure that the ones you are dealing with are not only legit but also a highly-qualified one. After all, buying insurance can involve some serious amount of money, which should not go down the drain because of the wrong choices.
Here are some tips in finding the right company that offers acupuncturist professional liability insurance:
- Crowdsource recommendations from the people around you – Your relatives, neighbors, colleagues or anyone from your community can be a great source of information about the best insurance provider in your area. And they can just be a phone call away.
- Do some research to verify – Once you have your list of recommendations, it is time to do a little bit of research to verify their authenticity. You can start browsing the internet to do some background checks. You will want to know whether or not they are recognized as legit both by regulating bodies and the general public. You should consider these questions: Do they have the necessary permit to operate? What is their proximity to your locations? What their previous clients are saying about their service?.
- Trim down your list – Let’s say you have 10 prospects in your initial list. You can trim it down to five most qualified ones using a set of criteria based on your specific needs.
- Ask for quotes – You are down to the final selection and now your next move is to request quotations and compare to find out which among them has the best offer.
- Make sure you scrutinize the terms and conditions really well – Before you accept any deals, read the fine print and understand the scope and limitations of the coverage, and that the policy is favorable to your business.
Looking for a reputable company that offers acupuncturist professional liability insurance? Contact us at (800) 838-0383.